Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Spanking



"Sorry I missed you on Paltalk last night," I told my sister Iris. "I was out grocery shopping."

"No problem. I was having computer problems anyway. I went over to the help rooms but no one would help me. Too busy. So I decided to go talk to this Dominatrix instead."

"A Dominatrix?" I laughed.

"It made sense to me. I mean, after all, she was a Dominatrix. You know. . . strong, female, in control and all that. I figured she'd know what to do."

I love this about my sister. She's the sort of person who goes to Niagara Falls and ends up having tea with an 80-year-old artist who weaves clothing from hair shed by his dog.

"So did she help you?" I asked curiously.

"No," Iris sighed. "I don't think she quite knew what to make of me. She wasn't really even into spanking. Can you believe it?"

I shook my head. "I never really understood that whole spanking thing myself."

I've pretty much dedicated my life to avoiding all forms of violence against my butt.

"Still," my sister insisted. "You'd think it would be part of her job description. And then the foot fetish guy came in so I left."

"The foot fetish guy?"

"Don't ask."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I never did like the whole idea of spanking--probably because I was always being singled out for one.

My first grade teacher was an Evil Midget named Mrs. Hooker (I know you guys think I make this stuff up so I've attached our class picture as proof). At least twice a week that woman turned me over her knee and swatted me with a wooden paddle for talking in class.

Because that's what they did back in the 60s. Scary.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sometimes adults would try to trick us into mistaking a spanking device for a toy. Remember the bolo paddle? It was a plastic or wooden paddle with a little red rubber ball attached to it by a long rubber band. The idea was to try to bounce the ball off the paddle. This worked great until the ball came off--which it always did--after about 15 minutes of hard play.

The first time our aunt used a broken bolo paddle on our behinds, my sister and I vowed to never let her get her hands on one again.

We took to burying them whenever they broke.

At last count, we had about thrity paddles buried in our backyard.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A friend of mine once tried to explain to me about a Zen meditation technique she practiced.

"You sit facing the wall, your back straight in proper sitting posture, and try to clear your mind of all thought. If you become tired, or distracted, or begin to slouch, the Master strikes you on the shoulder with a stick to bring you back into focus."

"Ohhhhhh," I said, suddenly comprehending. "Now I know what you mean. I used to practice that all the time."

My friend look puzzled. "You did?"

I nodded sagely. "Yes. Only we called it 'punishment'."
Posted by Hello

9 comments:

Spirit Of Owl said...

After I'd recovered from the photograph, which let me tell you is something else, I laughed my beak off at this post. I never think that you make any of this up, ever, but Mrs Hooker the Evil Midget is the character that Roald Dahl missed. (I suppose the Ron Jeremy version would be Mrs Midget the Evil Hooker... but enough of that!)

Oddly enough, I've just been blogging about meditiation myself. Well, not, but sort of. Anyway, Michael Palin in the TV series covering his trek across the Himalayas has a little go at this style of meditation. They give you a good whack every now and then just for the hell of it, just in case you're dropping off. Thorough, those monks. Nothing if not thorough.

Spanking. Dominatrix's. Hmm. After my comment on your last post, I am definitely going to leave those subjects alone... ROTFL!

Anonymous said...

Must be in the air - first "Deep Throat" unveiled and now the "Evil Midget"!!!
Never got spanked by the nuns but I sure as hell got my knuckles whacked - maybe I should sue - everyone else is - maybe you could too! - oh! wait! that'd require talking to a lawyer wouldn't it - nevermind! ;)

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Is that what those Zen people are doing when they're staring at the wall? I always thought they were having trouble figuring out what color they wanted to paint it.

Gee, I love education.

Queen on the run said...

This post cracked me up!! I would say some other things but I think I will keep them to myself;);)

Anonymous said...

and it turns out our teachers were really trying to teach us the art of zen instead, huh..
I'm not buying it. LOL!
your sis sounds hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

I just have to ask...foot fetish!!?? whatta!

I love spanking...just not when I was 8 and my parents did all the spanking..that's not fun.

HAPPY ADVANCED BIRTHDA!!! :)

Colleen said...

I want to tell you I just stopped in for a visit. I am suffering a severe case of insomnia and found your link on another blog that is linked to my blog and so the story goes. Thanks for helping me to gain a little laughter in this crazy world. It made me remember my music teacher when I was in elemtary school. Im not as old as you but I can honestly tell you that something similar happned when I was in school too and that was in the 80's. She used to carry a ruler with her and smack the hands of the boys in class if they got out of hand.

ghartstein said...

I've never been into the spanking thing either. Although one year for my birthday I told my parents I wanted a watch...so they let me.

Juno said...

You guys crack me up!

Guess I'm not alone on this one.