Thursday, June 02, 2005

What I REALLY Want to Know . . .

It's my birthday today, so I'm giving myself a writing break. I thought I'd try something a little different for this post instead.

Have you ever met someone you really liked and wanted to see if they were good relationship material? Or have you ever wondered how well you really know your partner? Or maybe you're just hanging with friends and need some good discussion topics.

A while back I made up a list of questions that I kept handy for exactly these sorts of situations. I figured I'd share them and see if anybody finds them useful. If you feel moved to answer any of them I'd love to hear what you come up with!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


When you wake up in the morning, your first thought is:
- Must. . . hit. . . snooze alarm. . .
- Bathroom run!!!!!
- I wonder if she's as horny as I am right now?
- Drool puddle on the pillow again--yuck!


You have a flat tire. Do you. . .
- Call AAA
- Grab the lug wrench and pull out the spare tire
- Realize with a sinking feeling in your gut that that WAS the spare tire that just blew
- Perch on the car and try to look cute so someone will stop to help


How do you feel about doing laundry?
- Groan, Can there be a chore any more BORING?
- Yum, nothing smells nicer than clean fresh sheets
- Yeah baby! I never miss a chance to straddle the washer during the spin cycle!


How best would you describe your kissing style?
- Slow and lingering
- Hungry and passionate
- Hunt and peck
- Vampiric


When finding myself in a room full of strangers I:
- Hide in the corner
- Give a friendly hello and introduce myself
- Am the life of the party
- Sneak out the back door


Finish this sentence. I dance like:
- Fred Astair
- John Travolta
- A baby elephant
- Lurch
- Cher



We have a free afternoon together. Would you prefer to:
- Go to a museum
- Take a drive with no particular destination in mind
- Go antiquing or explore a flea market
- Take in a great movie
- Hang out around the house and relax together
- Have wild monkey sex


What qualities are most important to you in a partner?

What is your best trait? Your worst fault?

If you could have dinner with three famous people in history, who would you choose and why?

The world is going to end at midnight. How would you choose to spend your final day?

Who is your worst enemy? Why?

What superhuman power would you most like to have? Invisibility, super strength, flying, or the ability to read minds?

If you could shapeshift into any animal at will, what animal would you choose to be?

Your best friend's significant other hits on you at a party. Do you tell him/her?

How do you feel about public displays of affection? How do you feel about public displays of affection between gay couples?

My dog eats your shoe? How do you react?

Tell me something about yourself that no one knows. I'm writing a book on a serial killer. Would you let me stalk you and force you into compromising positions to help me in my research?

Your birthday--event to be ignored or celebrated?

If you were a candy bar what kind would you be? Why?

Who is your favorite fictional character? Why?

What is your favorite color? Favorite season? Favorite time of day?

Do you sleep on the left or right side of the bed?

Do you sleep in jammies or in the buff?


After sex, which partner should sleep on the wet spot? (Think carefully on this one)

Do you leave the toilet seat up or down? Have you ever had the seat smack down on your winkie?

How do you handle disagreements with your partner? Walk away? Talk it out? Lose your temper but then make up quickly? Hold a grudge? Ignore the problem?

What is the most romantic thing you have ever done for a woman?

What's the most romantic thing a woman has ever done for you?

Do you believe in magic? If so how would you define it? Can I have a lock of your hair?

Remote control--channel surfer or stayer-putter?

Eating with your fingers--good or bad? Me feeding you grapes with my mouth--good or bad?

What is your favorite guilty pleasure that won't grow hair on your palms?

Favorite movie monster: vampire, werewolf, Frankenstein, mummy, or King Kong? Why?

Boxers or briefs? White or colors?

How would your ex girlfriends describe you?

Finish this sentence: I would never ______________________.

What bad habits of other people make you crazy?

What food can't you do without? What food would you NEVER eat?

12 comments:

Spirit Of Owl said...

First off, happy blessed birthday to you! Are birthdays something to celebrate? Completely absolutely, sun circuiting is the best!

However, regarding the rest of this interrogation of the soul, I shall have to get back to you - but get back to you I shall... LOL

Have a great day.
Spirit. X.

Jamie said...

Happy bday! I am soooo answering these on my blog! Just a lovely birthday gift to youuuuu! ha ha, have a great day!

HawkOwl said...

That's a lot of questions for a first date. And personally I can never think of an answer to "what if" questions that would never happen. "What if" I could fly? Well, I can't. I think this started in university when guys would try to start a conversation with me (then an Astrophysics student) with the question "what if you're driving at the speed of light and you turn your headlights on?" Well, you're just not. You're not driving at the speed of light. Ever. Now shut up, I trying to watch Star Trek. I guess I'm off topic now.

Happy birthday.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

"My dog eats your shoe..." Was my foot still in it? I might react kinda poorly...

Nick Danger said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

She's never as horney as me.

I change it quick.

I just wash it.

That depends on where on you I'm kissing

That depends on the strangers

John Travolta

Maybe we could have sex while taking in a movie

She needs to smoke dope.

My best trait is my hunility. My worst fault is there's only one of me.

Jimi Page, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson, those guys knew how to party.

Getting high and watching cartoons.

Dr. Evilplot is my worst enemy. He keeps plotting to destroy mankind and then George Bush or Kofi Annan calls me up all cryin "Plaese save us Nick Danger" It gets so mononatous.

Invisibility

Eagle

Yes

check for kids first.

I feed him the other.

it was me who took the candy from the reward jar in Mrs Bendigs class in 1980

sure

celebrated

Watchamacallit, don't know why

Yoda, he is so fucking wise

blue,summer,2-4 in the morning

right

nude

not me

up

no, that really doesnt happen

we get high, that could fall under ignore the problem, but only the serious problems re-occure

hot air balloon ride to private picnic

blow job during a huge spagetti dinner

no

sure how do you want me to get it to you?

half and half

good, good for you, bad for Mrs Danger

shoplifting, although it's been about a decade, maybe i should go shoplift something.

vampires cause they are real

no underware

rotten motherfucker or dear friend

say never

bad english

apples, brocoli

NOnameGIRL said...

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thtgrl said...

Happy Birthday Juno!! That's a LOT of questions. i wish I could ask them all on a date! I'd probably get stood up for the second date though!

Queen on the run said...

Happy Birthday Lady!!!!
That is sure alot of questions, not sure I would want to be on a date with someone who gave me the third degree!!!!! BUt then again finding out some of that stuff right off the get could be very, helpful indeed!Hope you have a gloriious day:):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

GREAT BIG "BUFFLEHUGS" FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY :D

I'll get back to you on the list - I'm curious what I say! ;)

ghartstein said...

If only I'd had that questionnaire when I was single! Happy Birthday!

Juno said...

LOL. You don't ask them all on the first date! You sort of spread them out over time--get them intrigued. Sort of like the Arabian Nights. At least that how it worked for me.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

lynnee said...

hi juno, thanks for visiting my site.

happy birthday to you! :)