Saturday, June 04, 2005

Juno Gets a New Name

"Honey?" I said in the darkness.

"Mmmmm?" My husband was stroking my arm in that soft feathery way that drives me crazy.

"I've been thinking . . ."

"Yeeeeeees?" I could hear his smile.

"I've been thinking that I want to change my name."

He grew suddenly still. "You mean you want to go back to your maiden name?"

Rich is very traditional and old fashioned that way. He never did like the idea of a woman keeping her maiden name after she married.

"No, I want to change my first name. I've picked out an Indian name I like better."

Rich groaned and rolled onto his back. "Sheesh," he said, mildly exasperated "Why am I not surprised?"

I propped myself up on one elbow and looked down at him. "Seriously. If I changed my name, would you call me by my Indian name?"

Silence.

"Never mind then." I punched my pillow and curled back up on my side of the bed.

"Okay," he sighed heavily. "Fine. What Indian name do you want?"

"Wind and Fire Woman." I answered promptly.

"Wind and Fire Woman?" His voice rose in disbelief.

"Yes." I paused, then added generously, "But you can call me Running Fart for short."

There was a moment of stunned silence while I tried to smother my giggles.

Rich whacked me with his pillow. "I can't believe you sometimes!" He burst out laughing. "You totally had me going with that! You're like a bad child."

I grinned at him mischievously. "Had you worried there for a minute, didn't I?"

"Uh huh."

I ruffled his hair and gave him a kiss. "That what I love about you, you know. You really would have called me by my 'Indian name' just to make me happy."

"You know," he said, making a grab for me, "I really think Running Fart needs to be taught a lesson."

Of course, that's what Running Fart was hoping for all along.

12 comments:

Queen on the run said...

You are absolutely hilarious!!!
I love you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hook, Line & Sinker!!!! LOL

Nick Danger said...

clever girl...thanks

Juno said...

Love you too queen--naughty women unite!

Nick and Seamus-- a big grin to you guys.

Aimee said...

Hahahahahaha! Oh man, that's brilliantly funny!

Spirit Of Owl said...

My god, your husband must be a nervous wreck. He's got to be on his guard the whole damn time... LOL!

Juno said...

It just keeps life fun!

Besides, I always reward him after.

:)

ghartstein said...

Ahhh, the things we'll do for rewards. Perhaps I should start calling my wife Running Fart. Do you think it will help?

Juno said...

I'm not sure your wife is quite ready for that on mr g. Maybe if you called her "O Wise and Wonderful One" instead.

I have just the thing for you. Take a lesson on talking to women from the Brawny paper towel guy:

http://www.brawnyman.com/innocentescapes/indexbroadband.html

I think I'll add this one to my links. LOL

Anonymous said...

Lol, Oh you got me there for a sec and still after the running fart I didn't know if you were serious or not...I definitely not have a brain today haha.

Kat said...

OMG! That's hilarious! It reminded me of a night when I was visiting my folks...I made the mistake of using the potty in the middle of the night....Mom heard me and then followed me back to my room.....we laid in bed and made up Indian names for all our family members. My cousin, Timmy, became Farts Loud & Much...FLAM for short. We never did get back to sleep...we were laughing too hard.

Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment....I'll be a regular visitor to your blog.

jac said...

And then he taught you a lesson.hehe.