Monday, June 06, 2005

Who Knew?

"Mmmmm?"

It was the middle of the night and someone was shaking my shoulder. Opening one eye, I saw my four-year-old son standing next to my bed, stark naked, with a serious look on his face.

"Momma?" he sounded unhappy.

"What is it, Bri?"

"The people in my penis are making muscles," he complained. "They're trying to make me into a muscle man."

Glancing down I could see what he meant. His little flag was definitely at half mast.

"How many people are in there?" I asked curiously

"Two, " he answered without hesitation. "And they won't leave me alone and let me sleep."

"Well that's not very nice." I thought for a minute. "Why don't you tell them that it's sleep time now, and that they need to behave themselves and let you rest?"

Brian looked doubtful. "I don't think they're gonna listen."

"Yes they will. Just tell them that if they're good boys, you'll take them swimming tomorrow."

My son smiled. "I like swimming."

"I know."

I watched while he explained the situation to 'the boys'. "So what do they think?" I asked.

"They say okay."

"Good." I climbed out from under the sheets and took his hand. "Let's go get your pajama bottoms back on and get you to bed."

Five minutes later, my son had his spiderman jammies on again and was tucked neatly under the covers. I kissed his forehead. "Night sweetheart."

"G'Night," he giggled. "Sleep tight. Don't let the bunny bugs bite."

I switched off the light and walked to the door.

"Momma?" Brian called.

I turned around. "Yes?"

"Thanks."

"No problem. Now get some rest."

Going back to my room, I snuggled under the sheets smiling to myself.

Little men. . .

Now that would explain a lot!

12 comments:

Celti said...

that's TOO cute! LOL

Queen on the run said...

My nephew probably would have much calmer if he thought about it that way! This was funny:)

Anonymous said...

Good to know, I'll remember that when my time comes.

~K!

Kat said...

Love that story!

When I was much younger I was a nanny for a 6 year old monster-boy. One day he came running out of his bedroom with a hanger hanging off his hard teeny-peenie...he thought that was sooo cool that he had his own closet rod!

Chaotic Serenity said...

That really does explain a lot eh? LOL too cute!

Anonymous said...

Does this then explain the mystery of brains on the wrong end??? :)
Too cute! lol

Juno said...

Of course now my son is mortified whenever I tell that story.

And heaven help me if I ever innocently ask him if he is going to hang out with the boys tonight!

thtgrl said...

priceless!

Spirit Of Owl said...

Yet another great story, Juno. :-) We boys have trouble working out what our bits are all about, especially in the early stages. Your calm, accepting words seem so much better than the bullying demonification that is so much more prevalent.

Anonymous said...

A very sweet and natural way to handle a "touchy"
subject...well said.

jac said...

It should rather be said 'well done'. This is my first visit and it is a grand welcome, thanks.

katehopeeden said...

I'm so glad I have daughters...
well, for now anyway! lol
~K